I’m back with some more useful tips and tricks for nailing the perfect Summer makeup.
During summers our skin tends to get oily, specially around the T zone, which results in breakouts. So ladies make sure you drink tons of H2O to flush those toxins out.
Let us begin…
1. Cleanse and Moisturise your face. YES…Moisturising is essential for your skin, no matter which type. Use an oil free moisturiser or a gel based moisturiser and let your skin soak it all in. My all time favourite moisturiser is the Clnique Moisture surge.
2. Apply a light textured BB cream or a water based light coverage foundation using your fingers. Blend it well. A powder based foundation can work wonders if your skin is oily. my favourite picks are One and Done by Urban Decay, Dior Skin Forever Powder Foundation & Estee Lauder Double wear Light.
3. Powder your T zone with a sheer face compact powder but ONLY the T zone. I use Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush face Powder because it gives an amazing finish.
4. Use a champagne or rose gold colour Eye shadow all over the eyelid and right under the lower lash line to give a fuller look. Follow it up with a dark brown or black Eye pencil and neatly enhance the lash line (top and bottom). make sure that you keep the pencil sharpened to create a thinner line. My favourite summer eye shadows are the Vintage Vamp eye shadow quad from Charlotte Tilbury, The Lake quad in Desert rose and for Simpltons I would highly recommend the long wear eye crayons from Bobbi Brown. For lining the eyes my favourite eye pencil is the black eye pencil from L’Oreal.
5. Add a dash of Mascara to your eyes. Make sure that you hold the brush parallel to the ground.
6. Lipstick– lipsticks are a very personal choice but for the perfect summer look I would advise going for glossy, semi matte shades in nice pinks, browns. Bright colours like hot pink and coral work fantastic if you are going to mostly say indoors. I totally love Cream in my Coffee shade from MAC and Bond girl from Charlotte Tilbury. Shades from MAC like Mehr, Kinda Sexy, Twig, Velvet Teddy etc are excellent nude shades.
7. take a good look at yourself and use a soft color/shimmer Blusher powder to finish the look. I love using the NARS cheek palette & the Shimmer Bricks from Bobbi Brown are incomparable.
I shall be posting a tutorial on the summer makeup look very soon. Follow my Instagram page @tanvikgmakeup for the update.
Till then..Keep it clean girls !