Fashion and Makeup Trends are dependant on each other in many ways. Last Bridal season was full of Vintage floral lehengas in pastel colours that brought back the beauty of the 1950’s. Everything from clothes, furniture, accessories, footwear, home decor was full of floral prints and vintage patterns.
Makeup was no exception. Floral colours and 1950’s colours like plum, cherry, salmon, rose etc were everywhere from Mac, Bobbi Brown to Urban Decay and YSL. Maroon matte lips with simple champagne colour eye shadows did the rounds in Fashion weeks.
Moving on from the last year’s trends, this year you would get to experience metallic finish in all it’s glory. Makeup techniques like Foiling (using metallic pigments to create highly saturated foil-like metallic finish) are very in and will certainly do the rounds in Bridal Makeup. The Contouring and Highlighting fever is here to stay for a while (although i personally feel that it’s lived it’s life !). Lipsticks remain matte and bold with colours like red, pink, purple (thanks to Aishwarya at Cannes) and chocolate for now. A lot of emphasis is being given to eyebrow correction and enhancement with the help of products like Eye-brow Gels and Mascara.
ATTENTION BRIDES: Please keep the following points in mind before purchasing your makeup products
1. Buy foundation strictly according to skin type. Match the foundation on your jawline and forehead and purchase the shade that best matches your skin colour.
2. Invest in a good quality face illuminator or highlighter. A touch of highlighter can do wonders to a tired looking face. i personally recommend the Highlighters from Hourglass and Anastasia Beverley Hills. Benefit and too faced also make amazing highlighters. Bobbi Brown’s shimmer brick still remains my favourite. PLEASE don’t overdo it like the girls in those makeup tutorials.
3. Buy Lipstick shades in red, pink a nude shade. Textures can be matte, velvet and glossy.
4. A good blusher, 1 from orange and 1 from pink family, is all that you need.
5. An eyeliner pencil and a liquid eyeliner in black is sufficient.
6. A good quality mascara is enough to make your eyes pop for a dinner date.
Hearty Congratulations to all the Brides to be for their upcoming wedding!
Hope you found this article interesting.