Hi gals, a very HAPPY NEW YEAR to all of you!
This season has seen wayyyyy too much Wining lol. By that I mean the colour Wine is visible everywhere from clothes, makeup to accessories, home furnishings and everywhere else possible.
Brides have adorned Wine and Maroon for their wedding occasions and this beautiful colour is now not limited to Mature ladies only (well, thats what the perception was!). The awesome thing about this colour is the versatility. It can either be the statement colour or very easily be made the base colour. Second awesome thing about it ? It looks absolutely gorgeous on Indian Skin. I love how sophisticated and feminine it is.
Lets discuss how we can incorporate this amazing colour in our Makeup. Here is a comprehensive list of your guide to all the WINE makeup that one can find.
As a lip liner (a no brainer) – Thankfully we have variety of textures to choose from. You have the mattes, the glosses and the scrumptious satin finish.
- MAC- Diva
- L’Oreal- Plum Mannequin (the shade you see on Deepika Padukone’s L’oreal ad)
- Bobbi Brown
- Dior addict lipstick in Dark Mauve Plum
- Bobbi Brown- Bordeoux Red, deep rich red, deep red berry
As an Eye Shadow: A Wine ombre eye shadow done right is every girl’s makeup fantasy for sure. Let me share my more favourite palettes for achieving a beautiful wine and berry eye makeup look.
- Huda Beauty Rose Gold Palette
- Huda Beauty Obsessions Eye shadow in Mauve
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Palette
- Smashbox- Ablaze eye palette
- Natasha Denona- Star Eye shadow Palette
As an Eye Pencil: just use it in place of a back eye liner to give to a softer look to the eyes or use it on top of the black eyeliner to add an extra dimension.
- Urban Decay- Alkaline
- Makeup Forever- Aqua XL M80 pencil
- Clinique- Intense Plum
- MAC- Longwear eye liner pencil in Strong willed
PS- there are many more brands and colours but these are the ones that I have used and am confident about.
Cheers! Hope this helps